Monday, August 2, 2010

hey, soul sister.

Hello August! What a busy few weekends it has been! I promised I would update on last weekend in South Carolina, so here it is...

I flew to South Carolina to meet my family at Myrtle Beach to visit a dear friend of our family, Bob Hughes (or as we call him, "Bo") Bo was in the coastguard in WWII with my grandfather. He has been apart of my life for as long as I can remember and has been like a grandfather to me ever since my grandfather passed away when I was in the 5th grade. He is definitely apart of our family and time with him always leaves me very thankful. Even though Bo is 88 now, he is still loves life and enjoys each day. He even went out with us on the boat on Saturday afternoon! When the waves started getting pretty rocky, he just laughed and said "these are just good sleeping waves."

We spent the weekend laying by the beach, eating some great seafood, and listening to stories from who knows when. We looked through old pictures and I learned more about my grandfather as a young man. Apparently, he was quite the ladies man! Bo promised that he will be at my college graduation next May, just like he was at my high school graduation, so I am holding him to it!

loves his Bar L hat :)

It was a wonderful weekend and such a nice break! It was great to see my two nephews too! They are quite the handful these days, but aunt mal did make major brownie points with the carousel ride at Barefoot landing!

tabor city, north carolina

little river, south carolina

Since this past Tuesday, my mom has been in Atlanta for a vet conference and it is great to have her here! I will definitely be sad to tell her goodbye tomorrow morning. Even though I have had to work and she has been in meetings, it's been so fun to have company in the evenings. I've showed her lots of great places in Atlanta and we even found a great new yogurt place in Little Five Points, near my house.


On Saturday night, we went to the Train concert for her convention. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about a concert for the vet conference and wasn't sure what to expect, but it was AWESOME! They put on an incredible concert and we had a great seats!!! We were 6 rows back! It was a very fun night, pretty impressed with those vets :) On Sunday evening, we went to church at Buckhead and my mom really enjoyed it. While it was definitely different than what she is used to, she really enjoyed the message. It was my first time to attend the 6 pm service and will probably go again. It was a smaller crowd than the mornings and lots of young people. The service always rejuvenates my spirit and I always wake up on Monday mornings wishing it was Sunday again!

Well it's back to work today, but I am off to Ohio on Saturday for the NFL Hall of Fame Induction! My dad sculpted 2 more heads for the HOF and it's always a good time! Excited for my third trip to the football "promise land." Sorry for the super long post, but I am FINALLY caught up!

Until next time, mal

Countdown to Texas: 22 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment