I am very excited that the next two weeks include spending time with my wonderful family. Tomorrow dad and Kathi are visiting in Atlanta and next weekend I will be in North Carolina with mom, Larry, and the whole fam! I can't wait! While I have enjoyed my weekends of solitude I am not sad to see them go :)
Last weekend was such a great celebration of one of my favorite couples. I had the privilege of being in one best friend's wedding and watched Miss Molly Simpson become Mrs. Nason! What an absolute joy! She was a BEAUTIFUL bride and probably the calmest one in history (no joke, she should teach a class!) Despite a "hurricane-like" downpour at the outside rehearsal dinner, both Molly and Zach remained in great spirits and smiles were all around (see picture below). We enjoyed great Tex-Mex at Joe T's and heard sweet toasts. The bridesmaids stayed at a precious bed and breakfast in Fort Worth and enjoyed our last night with our single Molly!
trying to keep the bride dry on the way to the rehearsal.
The wedding was gorgeous and truly reflected both Molly and Zach's personalities. The flowers and Tracy Luther cakes were great! (Banana Nut is my new favorite TLC, shocking I know!!!) I really enjoyed getting to know all of the bridesmaids throughout the wedding process and it was neat to see Molly's different relationships with each of us. Saturday flew by and before I knew it I was headed back to Georgia on Sunday afternoon. While my trip was fast and furious, it was still just great to be back!
I can't believe today finishes my 7th week here at POLI and I am over halfway through with my internship. I am now fully involved in evaluating the college programs and developing the internship program. Sometimes I get frustrated with the details and am always wanting to make huge progress everyday, but the Lord is reminding me to be patient and I am learning to take my time and watch the pieces fit together. I am excited to see what the next 5 weeks will hold and plan to soak up as much knowledge and experience as I can!
Here are couple pictures from the weekend:
bridal room before the wedding.
EB, Siobhan, & Mr. and Mrs. Nason
miss you love you can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete