What a wonderful weekend!
On Saturday afternoon I headed out on my adventure to Target across town and ended up in bumper to bumper traffic. Hundreds of people were all walking down the street. There were young couples, families, and everyone in between. After a few miles of following the traffic, I decided that I had to check it out. After walking about a mile, I ended up in the middle of "Summerfest," an annual art show, in the middle of Virginia Highland. It was a long street, full of local art vendors with little booths that reminded me a lot of the Granbury square on Fourth of July weekend. There was a live band playing and I really felt like I got a since of the local crowd for the first time here. I really enjoyed the afternoon and all of the little boutiques in Virginia Highland! After my two hour detour at the festival, I finally made it Target which strangely enough I had to take an elevator to get to! An underground Target was definitely another first to add to the list!
This morning I went to church at the Northside United Methodist's contemporary service. It's a huge church, but the familiar songs and friendly people were very welcoming. The sermon was about Saul's change into Paul and the opportunity each of us have everyday to become more like Christ. The pastor talked about how real change is often uncomfortable and even awkward at times. I felt like the sermon's was directed right at me and my current situation. My entire life I have been surrounded by my incredibly loving family and wonderful friends. They have encouraged me through every trial and rejoiced in every success. For the first time, I am truly on my own and am learning to navigate a new city by myself. The Lord (or as I heard it this morning, Lawd :) brought peace to my overwhelmed mind and reminded me that I just need to take it, one day at a time.
It's back to work tomorrow and I'm excited for week two!
Lots of love! Until next time, mal
No comments:
Post a Comment